about the photo

Downtown Temple,NH

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Granite State Snowshoe Series

I know it's a little early to start thinking about snowshoeing in New Hampshire but I have to say I'm pretty excited about it already. I started snowshoe racing last year as a way to recover from nearly a year of injuries. My very first race was the Cobble Mountain Snowshoe Classic in Gilford, NH. It was directed by a relative 'new' face in race directing, Chris Dunn at Acidotic Racing. Chris and the folks at Acidotic Racing did such a great job putting on an outstanding event they got me hooked on snowshoe racing, and particularly on their races (I raced all three of their events this past season). I have to admit I'm not sad to see the Biddeford Race left off the schedule this year... that was probably the single hardest (effort-wise) race I've ever done (road, trail, snow, long or short). It was 100% max HR for the entire race due to the snow conditions. Yikes.

If you live in NH and you want to race snowshoes, you typically would have to travel to Western Mass and race in the WMAC Snowshoe Series. Not anymore!

Welcome to the Granite State Snowshoe Series !
Our own little snowshoe series right in our backyard. Various race directors got together and formed this awesome series. Right now they have 6 races in the series and it may expand to 8. The races are:

  1. Pooh Hill Snowshoe Scramble (Jan 10, 2009)
  2. Cobble Mountain Snowshoe Classic (Jan 31, 2009)
  3. Sidehiller 4 Mile Snowshoe Race (Feb 7, 2009)
  4. Frosty's Dash for a Cure (Feb 8, 2009)
  5. Horse Hill 7k Snowshoe Race (Feb 15, 2009)
  6. Kingman Farm Moonlight 5k Race (Feb 21, 2009)
Bring on the snow! (I can't believe I just said that??)

No comments: