Onto running...and one of the strangest injuries I think I've ever had.
- I can walk pain-free, up or down stairs.
- I can use the Eliptical machine pain-free.
- I can ride a bike pain-free. I rode 22 miles on Friday and 41 miles on Sunday with NO issues.
- I can hike a mountain pain-free. I hiked Mt Monadnock with my kids on Saturday with NO issues.
- I can rake, I can shovel dirt, I can lift 50lb bags of fertilizer.
- I can do sit ups.
- I can't run more than a couple of steps without stopping.
I've been to two doctors (including a sports medicine doctor), a chiropractor and a physical therapist. According to them it's a:
- hip flexor strain
- SI Joint Dysfunction
- ab strain
- tensor fascia lata strain
So if anyone wants to play 'name that pain' here's the summary of my symptoms:
- The pain is on my right side, either right in the middle of my side or slightly to the rear.
- It's right above my waistline, just above the iliac crest, sort of in the 'love handle' area.
- It feels deep. I have to push pretty hard to find it.
- It is somehow related to rotation. If I plant my foot and then rotate (getting up from my desk and going to the right) it hurts.
- When I try to run it hurts on each foot strike with my right foot.