about the photo

Downtown Temple,NH

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

No Big Lake 1/2 Marathon in 2009??

I was reading Andy Schachat's column On the Run in Fosters Daily Democrat and learned one of my favorite 1/2 marathons, the Big Lake Half Marathon, will not be coming back next year. What a bummer. Race director Keith Jordon and his staff at Endorfun Sports have decided to focus on their primary events: triathlons. With the addition of the Black Fly Tri in July 2009, I guess it was too much to manage.
If you've ever taken part in a Keith Jordon event you'll know what a huge loss this is. I've run this race 5 of 7 years since its inception back in 2002 and I for one will miss it.
There's a possibility it will return in 2010 but I'm not holding my breath.

2 comments:

Mountain Runner said...

I am not sure why anyone would waste their time reading Andy Schachat's articles, the guy cannot get his facts correct. Scott Rowe holds the course record at Big Lake set in 2007. It's one thing to blow your own opinions on to public, it's another to state incorrect facts.

Jedi Dadi said...

Mountain Runner,
I have no idea what you're talking about.