about the photo

Downtown Temple,NH

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Horse Hill Nature Preserve

Tried going for a run in HHNP yesterday. This is a nice (but wet) 550+ acre plot of land in Merrimack. They've done some nice work laying out (and marking) trails, although it could use a few more. It was a very popular place during the winter with excellent snowshoeing.
I started at the Amherst St parking area and followed the Loop Trail for about 2 miles. 95% of the trail is still snow/ice covered. The other 5% is wet (and cold). The snow wasn't too bad to run on although it was a little soft so it was slow going. Decided to cut over to the Queens Way parking lot and run back via the roads (Peasley to Amherst St). Round trip was probably around 5 miles.

No comments: