about the photo

Downtown Temple,NH

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

4 x Awful

I've been dreading this workout ever since indoor track began 6 weeks ago. I prefer 800's or even 400's with short recovery. Well tonight we did 4 x 1 mile repeats with 800 recovery. I never got into a comfortable groove or pace, and my 400 splits were all over the board. Normally I have a good sense of pace but not tonight. I felt off all night. Maybe it was my negative attitude towards this particular workout. The goal going in was to run consistent 85s quarters (5:40 pace). Although my times weren't that bad, the splits were. Trust me.
I stuck with it anyways and finished the workout....with lots of complaining.

mile 1   5:43
mile 2   5:40
mile 3   5:49
mile 4   5:49

4 comments:

Jim Hansen said...

Well, I would rather have been at the track. I feel like I wasted my money for indoor track this year. I haven't been able to do 3 workouts and didn't finish the other two. I thought my achilles was fine after the snowshoe race. I couldn't run a slow mile the next day and now it is painful and inflamed. Time to be smart and not run until it is better. So enjoy your workouts as it is better than not running at all (although last night's was a good one to miss).
Jim

Jedi Dadi said...

Get yourself healed up Jim. We miss you out there.

Michael said...

Boo Hoo.

You're going to have to get used to those mile repeats if you don't want to be humbled by Boston this year. Suck it up pal! :)

Jedi Dadi said...

It's funny how the guys who aren't running are the ones with the comments.. :-)

I have no expectations for Boston. Probably just run it as a training run....