about the photo

Downtown Temple,NH

Thursday, December 3, 2009

November Wrap Up

STATS for the month of November:

total miles - 181.9
# of runs - 26 (a couple two a days)
# of rest days  - 9
# of road runs - 9
# of trail runs - 17
# of races - 2

Generally I had a really good month or running. I ran my first trail marathon (successfully) and also managed to run a race on Thanksgiving for the first time ever. I spent way more time on the trails than ever before, probably close to 70% of my miles. The only downside is most of this was done at night and my feet have taken a beating, with numerous ankle turns, jammed toes and the like (not to mention tree rash). I had to take 3 days off in the last week of November just to rest my feet. All better now!

2000 miles for the year is not looking promising at this point. I'd have to average 9.2 miles/day to achieve that arbitrary milestone. I can tell you right now that ain't gonna happen :-)

No snow in sight......bummer.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Solid month Steve. Where the heck is the snow?