about the photo

Downtown Temple,NH

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Running on Turkey Day

As far as I can tell, I've never run a race on Thanksgiving. Me being the expert of me you'd think I'd know for sure. I don't. I have a terrible memory and sometimes it seems like I have no recollection of entire decades (if you lived through the 70's you might want to forget this time as well).
Anyways, this year I'm actually thinking about running on Thanksgiving, and there are plenty of races to choose from. It's probably safe to say there are more races on Thanksgiving than any other day of the year. I rarely sign up for races in advance and this day is no exception although I'm leaning towards a 5k trail race in Mines Falls (Nashua). The ONLY reason I'm even considering it this year is because my training has gone well the last couple of weeks and I'm dying to get out there and race a little.
Of course there's also a decent chance my streak will continue. I'm heading up to Crawford Notch tomorrow to go hiking with some friends and knock off three more 4,000 footers. We'll see how it goes, maybe I'll be too tired :-)

No comments: